Components of the Framework
The Certified Sustainable Beef Framework includes four main components, centered around Sustainability Standards for beef production and processing.
- The Standards:
- Sustainable Beef Production Standard: the indicators of sustainability that are audited on farms and ranches.
- Sustainable Beef Processing Standard: the indicators of sustainability that are audited in beef processing facilities.
- Assurance Protocols: guidance and requirements for the certification process.
- Chain of Custody Requirements: technical and administrative requirements for tracking beef and claims about beef sourced from certified operations.
- Sustainability Claims: guidance on how to communicate about beef sustainability, participation in the Framework, and sourcing from CRSB Certified Operations.